Cubaplus magazine, in line with the broad program organized by the government of the Cuban capital to celebrate the 500th anniversary of San Cristóbal de La Habana, is pleased to inform you of the activities organized by such an important event, to be held on November 16.
ACTIVITIES THAT EXTEND FOR VARIOUS DAYS
- From November 1st to 3rd: International Music Festival HAVANA +.
- From November 1st to 3rd: Anti-imperialist Solidarity Meeting, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism, in the Convention Center.
- Days 2 and 3 of November: Race Great Fund of the Caribbean of Cycling of Route Havana500.
- From November 4 to 8: FIHAV2019 Havana International Fair at the EXPOCUBA fairgrounds.
- From November 4 to 8: International Habaneras Festival in Havana.
- From November 5 to 7: Gastronomic, sporting and cultural event Calle Italia. Young Italians will cook, sing and do sports, together with young Cubans. From Zanja to San Lázaro.
- From November 8 to 16: Music Week, in the cultural centers of the capital and in the danceable squares of the municipalities, with varied gastronomic and commercial offers.
- From November 8 to 17: Work Opening Day.
- From November 9 to 10: Sports City.
- From November 10 to 14: Meeting of Fundamental Villas of Primada a la Real y Maravillosa.
CHRONOLOGY OF THE MAIN ACTIVITIES AND THE OPENING OF WORKS IN SALUTE TO THE 500th ANNIVERSARY.
Friday, November 1st
- 09:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Anti-Imperialist Solidarity Meeting, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism in the Palace of Conventions.
- 18:00 hrs: Reception by the people, to foreign delegates in the Community of Barbosa.
- 21:00 hrs: The International Festival of HAVANA + Music begins in the Piragua on the Malecon.
Saturday, November 2
- 07:00 hrs: Start of the Great Race Fund of the Caribbean Cycling Route Havana500
- 15:00 hrs: Greetings from the authorities of the province to David Lappartient, head of the International Cycling Union, and the delegates to the Congress of the Caribbean Confederation in the Hotel Comodoro.
- 20:00 hrs: Meeting of the authorities of the province with the directors of the main orchestras participating in the International Festival of Music HAVANA +
Sunday November 3
- 11:00 hrs: Closing of the Anti-Imperialist Solidarity Meeting, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism in the Palacio de las Convenciones.
- 21:00 hrs: Closure of the International Festival of Music HAVANA + on Malecon and 23rd Street.
Monday, November 4
- 10:00 hrs: Inauguration of the International Fair of Havana FIHAV2019 at the EXPOCUBA fairgrounds
Tuesday, November 5
- 10:00 hrs: Businessmen's Forum on Havana Day at the International Fair of Havana FIHAV2019 at the EXPOCUBA fairgrounds.
- 18:00 hrs: Opening of the popular gastronomic, sporting and cultural event Calle Italia. Young Italians will cook, sing and do sports, together with young Cubans.
- 21:00 hrs: Inauguration of monumental lighting of the Castle of the Royal Force, the Palace of the General Captains and the Plaza de Armas and Morro-Cabaña Fortress.
Wednesday, November 6
- 08:30 hrs: Inauguration of the Community of Castanedo.
- 20:00 hrs: Concert by Carmen Conssoli, prestigious Italian artist, with the Camerata Romeu at the Teatro América.
Thursday, November 7
- 18:00 hrs: Closing of the popular gastronomic, sporting and cultural event Calle Italia.
Friday November 8
- 09:00 hrs: Reopening of the Santa Mar¡a del Rosario Spa.
- 10:00 hrs: Integral Fair of Services of the Internal Commerce in Santa Catalina Avenue, municipality Ten of October.
- 10:30 am: Inauguration of the Cultural Center of the Hill of the house of musical recordings EGREM.
- 11:30 hrs: Inauguration of the TRIMAGEN Commercial Corridor on the Hill.
- 18:00 hrs: Closing Concert of the International Habaneras Festival in Havana. As colophon of the Festival, the PAX URBIS International Prize will be awarded to Havana for the "100 Cities for Peace" Movement, for the V Centenary and for being one of the seven Wonder Cities of the World that represents the global diversity of urban society and for being an example of the Culture of Peace of the city projected to the rest of the world in the different relevant citizen aspects that are evaluated.
- 18:00 hrs: Closing of the International Fair of Havana FIHAV2019 in the Theater of EXPOCUBA. Delivery of the Havana500 special prize by the president of the Provincial Assembly of Popular Power.
- 20:30 hrs: Special function of the National Ballet of Cuba for the 55th Anniversary of the Technological University of Havana José Antonio Echevarría (CUJAE), in the Great Theater of Havana Alicia Alonso.
- 21:00 hrs: Music Week starts in the municipalities. In the traditional danceable squares of the municipalities there will be shows combined between top-level orchestras and local talent, with varied gastronomic and commercial offers. They will run until November 16.
Saturday November 9
- 07:00 hrs: Start of the popular MARACUBA Race, leaving the Central Park.
- 10:00 hrs: Baseball game between Veterans of the Industrial team at the Latin American Stadium. Accompanied by gastronomic and cultural activities in the surroundings and parking of the Latin American Stadium.
- 14:00 hrs: Baseball game of the National Series, Industrias Vs Santiago de Cuba in the Latin American Stadium.
- 22:00 hrs: Reopening of the Galiano House of Music.
Sunday November 10
- 06:30 hrs: Started of the MARABANA marathon race, leaving in Central Park.
- 09:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Rotunda of G and Malecon.
- 09:45 hrs: Inauguration of the Antonio Bachiller y Morales Public Children's Library.
- 10:30 am: Reopening of the Firefighters Museum.
- 11:20 hrs: Inauguration of the Multipurpose Hall of the Nave de San José
- 10:00 hrs: Recreational sports festival in areas of the Sports City
- 12:00 hrs: MARABANA marathon award in the Central Park
- 14:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Technological Palace and Recreation Park Finca de los Monos.
- 17:00 hrs: Opening of the Meeting of Foundational Villas of Primada a la Real y Maravillosa.
Monday November 11
- 09:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Railway Museum at Cristina Station
- 09:40 hrs: Reopening of the Convent of San Francisco de As¡s.
- 10:00 hrs: Hemicycle Reopening Headquarters of the Municipal Government of Old Havana.
- 10:40 hrs: Inauguration of the Automobile Museum.
- 11:20 hrs: Inauguration of the Multipurpose Hall of the Palace of the General Captains.
- 14:00 hrs: Reopening of Ten Cent de Obispo Market.
- 14:45 hrs: Inauguration of the Furniture Store
- 3:30 pm: Reopening of El Mandarín Restaurant.
- 16:00 hrs: Reopening of the Castillo de Jagua Restaurant
- 20:00 hrs: Inauguration of objects of works in the Boulevard of San Rafael.
Tuesday, November 12th
Inauguration of Education works
- 08:00 hrs: Reopening of children's homes without subsidiary protection of Víbora 1 and Víbora 2.
- 08:30 hrs: Reopening of Camilo Followers Special School.
- 09:00 hrs: Reopening of Cepero Bonilla Elementary School.
- 09:30 hrs: Reopening of EP Simón Rodriguez
- 08:00 hrs: Reopening of the Villa de Maestros y Profesores del Cerro
- 08:30 hrs: Reopening of Polytechnic Chemistry Hostels.
- 09:00 hrs: Reopening of CI El Ratón Dorado.
- 09:30 hrs: Reopening of Marianao Pioneer Palace
Inauguration of Health works
- 13:00 hrs: Reopening of works at the Dermatological Hospital of Rincón.
- 2:30 pm: Reopening of works at the Psychiatric Hospital of Havana.
- 3:30 pm: Reopening of works at the Julio Trigo Hospital
- 16:30 hrs: Reopening of works at the William Soler Hospital.
- 17:30 hrs: Reopening of works at the Juan Manuel Márquez Pediatric Hospital.
- 13:00 hrs: Reopening of works at the González Coro Hospital.
- 2:30 pm: Reopening of works at the Calixto García Hospital.
- 3:30 pm: Reopening of works at the Rodriguez Fructuoso Hospital.
- 16:30 hrs: Reopening of works at the Salvador Allende Hospital.
- 17:30 hrs: Reopening of works at the Pediatric Hospital of Centro Habana.
- 21:00 hrs: Reception by the authorities of the province to personalities who attend the Meeting of the Fundamental Villas of the Primada to the Real and Wonderful, in the Casa Sofía.
Wednesday, November 13th
- 09:00 hrs: Inauguration of the restoration of Atares Castle.
- 10:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Training Workshop for restoration and design (San Ignacio 314)
- 10:40 hrs: Inauguration of works in the Paper Binding Workshop.
- 10:00 hrs: The Meeting of Heritage Cities continues from the Primada to the Wonder City.
- 15:00 hrs: Inauguration of the headquarters of the Rescue and Rescue Command of the Firefighters.
- 18:00 hrs: Ceremony of awards to Cuban and foreign personalities that have stood out, in the Hall of Lost Steps in the Capitol.
- 20:30 hrs: Inauguration of works in the Chinatown
Thursday November 14
- 07:30 hrs: Act for the XX Anniversary of the Latin American School of Medicine.
- 10:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Nelson Mandela monument in the Park of the African Prince.
- 10:45 hrs: Inauguration of the Monument to Calixto García at the roundabout of 5th Avenue and 120.
- 11:30 hrs: Reopening of the Pink Room of the Tropical.
- 15:00 hrs: Inauguration of the ETECSA Multiservice Center in Obispo.
- 16:00 hrs: Closure of the Founding of Patrimonial Cities Founding Villa in the Old Square
- 18:00 hrs: Opening of the Cuatro Caminos Market
- 20:00 hrs: Dinner 500 in the restaurants of Havana, belonging to the Havana Restaurant Company and the hotel and extra-hotel network of MINTUR, GAE, Non-Agricultural Cooperatives and Own-Owned Workers.
- 9:00 pm: Launch of Havana Rum 1519, special edition of Havana Club on the occasion of the 500th anniversary. Great Theater of Havana Alicia Alonso. 3rd floor room.
- 23:00 hrs: Serenades 500, in the houses of Havana personalities.
Friday, November 15
- 09:00 hrs: Reopening of La Giraldilla Recreational Complex.
- 10:00 hrs: Inauguration of objects of works of the Complex 1830
- 11:00 hrs: Inauguration of works objects in Club 500, Jos ‚Antonio Echevarría.
- 13:00 hrs: Welcome cocktail of the President of the Provincial Assembly of People's Power to the heads of foreign delegations attending the celebration. Mediterranean restaurant. Central Park Hotel. (Event by invitation)
- 16:00 hrs: Inauguration of the photographic exhibition St. Petersburg-Havana, in the Great Theater of Havana Alicia Alonso. (Event by invitation)
- 5:00 p.m.: Ballet Gala of St. Petersburg, in the Great Theater of Havana Alicia Alonso (Event by invitation)
- 21:00 hrs: Ceremony of the Table of the Cabildo del Templete for the return to La Ceiba. Words of DrC. Eusebio Leal Spengler. Historian of Havana.
- 22:00 hrs: Havana night along the Malecon waiting for 500
- 22:00 hrs: Songs for Havana, Prado and Malecón. To be the main stage to wait for the 500 years of Havana. It is an event by invitation for 3000 people. It begins with the Templete Ceremony, then a parade and ends with the concert directed by maestro Rolando Almirante.
- 22:00 hrs: La Piragua, show directed by Carnival of Havana and dedicated to popular music.
- 10:00 pm: Malecon and G: show directed by maestro Lester Hamlet.
- 22:00 hrs: Malecon and Paseo, in the Fountain of Youth, show with free admission directed by maestro Julio Pulido.
- 22:00 hrs: Esplanade of 1830 organized by the Hermanos Saiz Association and dedicated to electronic music.
- 22:00 hrs: Esplanade Recreational Coastal Area of 1st and 70.
- 22:00 hrs: Pink Room of the Tropical.
- 24:00 hrs: Fireworks show preceded by 21 artillery salutes in greeting to the 500th anniversary, which can be viewed from the entire Malecon.
Saturday November 16
- 06:00 hrs: Delivery of 500Habana Luxury Agenda to personalities in their homes.
- 08:00 hrs: Agricultural Fair 500 in all the markets of the city, with offers of gastronomy, commerce, the food industry and services, as well as cultural animation
- 09:00 hrs: Cancellation of the postal stamp dedicated to the 500th anniversary at the Capitol.
- 10:00 hrs: Solemn Session of the Provincial Assembly of Popular Power dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the city, in the Garc¡a Lorca Hall of the Alicia Alonso Grand Theater. (Event by invitation)
- 11:30 hrs: Presentation of the book Noble Habana by photographer Alejandro Azcuy Domínguez and the special edition of the magazine Habana Hoy.
- 13:00 hrs: Reception by the President of the Republic to foreign personalities invited to the 500th anniversary, at the Capitol. The rooms of the Constitution of the Republic, the National Symbols and the Monography will be inaugurated
- 14:30 hrs: Attention by the different organizations to their guests, with visits to Havana places and sites. The Finca de los Monos host a group of guests from the government of Havana.
- 9:00 PM: Grand Gala 500th Anniversary, on the esplanade in front of the Capitol of Havana. (By invitation for 5000 people). With reproductive screens outside the area of the windows.
- 23:00 hrs: Beginning of the Van 500 Concert, by the popular Cuban orchestra Los Van Van and other guests in areas of La Piragua on the Malecon
Sunday November 17
- 10:00 hrs: Children's Party of the Villa de San Cristóbal de La Habana, in the Maestranza Park, Almendares Park, Lenin Park, Aquarium, Isla del Coco Park, Monte Barreto Park, Finca de los Tecnological Park Monkeys, Zoological Parks and other City parks.
- 10:00 hrs: Inauguration of the Forest Park
- 2:00 pm: Reopening of Los Jardines de la Tropical.
Wednesday November 20th
- 15:00 hrs Presentation of the 500Habana agenda in the Aula Magna of the University of Havana, within the framework of the Week of Italian Culture in Cuba.
Friday, november 22
- 10:00 hrs: Delivery of the "City Award" by the Union of Architects and Construction Engineers of Cuba, which rewards the best construction projects carried out in Havana, within the framework of its 500th Anniversary.
Friday, November 29
- 19:00 hrs: Havana500 Fashion Show on San Rafael Boulevard.