CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.14
Welcome to issue 14 of Cubaplus magazine. As a great fan of sports and Cuba the Cubaplus team would like, first of all, to congratulate Havana?s Industriales baseball team for their victory in the 2009-2010 Cuban National Baseball Season. Known as Leones Azules ?The Blue Lions?, Industriales made it to the playoffs and played with enthusiasm and teamwork until victory. They deserved it and we wish them the best in the future.
As you can see in our cover, with this issue we are giving our readers tarpon fishing in Cuba together with the best details, advices and information on this great saltwater game fish and where to find it in Cuba. We are also delivering on the promise of an article on the harlistas in Cuba. Being a Harley Davidson collector myself, the history of the classic motorbike was quite close to my heart.
The Cubaplus team would like also to congratulate the Terry Fox family for attending the Terry Fox Run in Havana. This year?s art auction at the Canadian embassy, prior to the race, raised 33 000 convertible pesos that will be put to good use in Cuba?s cancer research. Their presence at the Marathon of Hope and at the auction was a great boost in the fight against cancer and something the Cuban people will cherish forever. Another touching moment was also their visit to the Cuban facility in the coastal town of Tarara, Havana, that offers free care to the child victims of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster which we also feature in this issue and Cuba has been recognized for this noble and great humanitarian assistance to victims.
Also, with great interest and enthusiasm, we strongly recommend you to take a look at our feature on the eastern province of Holgu?n with the Romer?as de Mayo a great local festivity, this year dedicated to Toronto. Stay in the same province and you will also discover the greatest aboriginal cemetery in the Caribbean: the Chorro de Ma?ta. On the cultural side, it is of pleasant interest to know the exclusive revelations popular Cuban singer Leoni Torres, who recently returned from his first and successful tour in Canada with his band, gave to Cubaplus.
- Merlys Fernández, Woman of Strong Wood
- Conferences Events an industry with a bright future
- 65th Anniversary of Cuba-Canada Relations
- Cayo Levisa: Magic in the Caribbean
- Life of Che Guevara Part three
- Toronto Honoured at Romerías de Mayo
- Havana Thoroughbreds
- The largest Terry Fox run outside of Canada
- Circus in Cuba: A Contagious Passion
- Habaneras in Havana
- Golf in Cuba
- Leoni Torres: People Pleasing Music
- Photo Feature: Adventure in the World of Neptune
- Aldecoa Project
- Smiles in Cuba and the Ukraine
- Fashion: Hands to Dream
- A Princess of Letters Goes to Cuba
- Harley Davidsons Classic Riders in Cuba
- Tarpon Paradise
- A trip of 500 Years
- Rugby: another friendship link between Cuba and Canada
- Survival of African Theatre
- Strawberry Daiquiri
- Lamb Parmesan