CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.23
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the latest issue of Cubaplus, our 23rd. As you delve into its many offerings, I am sure you?ll agree that it continues to provide the usual variety of quality articles that provide a window into the reality of Cuba.
One such article is on the Havana Trade Fair (FIHAV), which in November celebrates its 30th year of promoting trade in the Caribbean and Latin America. Canadians can feel proud that their country has a highly visible presence at this fair, ranking third and second among Cuba?s trading and investment partners, respectively.
We are also proud to say that Cubaplus recently celebrated its sixth anniversary, with an art exhibition and a fabulous program of music, dance and fashion provided by some of Cuba?s talented artists. The enthusiastic turnout included representatives of the Canadian Embassy and Prensa Latina News Agency, which helps to produce Cubaplus. Check out the article and photos in this issue.
Also in this issue, we continue our tradition of providing insightful information on Cuba?s tourist attractions. Varadero is one of the favourite destinations of Canadians who travel to Cuba, and we made sure to include a must-read article that describes all that it has to offer, beyond its renowned sun, surf and sand. As the headline says, it?s ?more than a beach.?
- 2012 Havana Trade Fair: Promoting trade for three decades
- Cubaplus Magazine Sixth Anniversary
- CubaPLUS Travel, a Different Tourism
- Immortal Compay Segundo
- Da Vinci in Havana
- Art Education New Paths
- 10 Years of Jazz in Riviera Maya
- Birth of a New Age in Cancun
- Ángel Ramírez, Sharpness and Humor
- Nicolita Swimwear Line
- BellaHabana Restaurant, Meeting the Magic of Flavour
- Solid National Healthcare System, More and Better Services
- Stevenson's Iron Fists
- The Many Names of a Small Island
- Caribbean Fire Fiesta
- El Floridita Turns 195
- Drink 275 litres of Daiquirí in Havana
- Audacity Rewarded
- 150th Anniversary of Light Rum in Cuba
- Together for a Labour of Love