CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.25
Springtime is here, and that means lots of exciting news about Cuba.
In Varadero, the archipelago's leading sun and beach destination, Cuba's International Tourism Fair, FITCuba 2013, is set for May 7-10. This is the premiere event in Cuba for tour operators, travel agents, airline representatives and industry journalists to learn all about Cuba's tourism industry and the many attractive events held in this country, such as the Ernest Hemingway International Fishing Tournament.
Fishing enthusiasts from around the world will be coming to Cuba for the May 20-25 tournament, based at the Marina Hemingway in Havana, a great opportunity to fish, make friends and remember Hemingway.
In great news for boaters, the Marina Hemingway, Marina Gaviota Varadero and other Cuban marinas are being expanded and improved to meet the anticipated growthin recreational boating to Cuba, with more and better services and options for enjoying the archipelago. Cubaplus attended the Miami boat show for the first time this year and found lots of interest around these developments.
Also in this issue, learn more about Cuba's latest healthcare advances. The Health Ministry aims to return to the founding concepts of family medicine, and to do so, its reorganizing its family doctor and family nurse program, which focus on prevention.
Cubaplus loves to help you learn about Cuban art. In this issue, an interview with Jorge Gil, whose work straddles a fine line between art and jewelry. Learn more about his auteur jewelry making and sculpture.
Spring and youth go hand in hand, and what better way to celebrate both than with a music festival The 17th International Cubadisco Fair takes place May 18-26, and its theme this year is young artists, concert music, and the violin, with many performances by Cuban and international singers and musicians. A special gala called Cuba: Music/Fashion will feature the latest concepts in art and fashion and their relationship to Cuban music. And speaking of fashion
This month's fashion article is a special one. Is fashionart Cuban writer and art critic Frank Padrón tackles that subject in his piece on the work of designer Ismael de la Caridad.
As always, we at Cubaplus hope to enhance your enjoyment and delight in this beautiful country and its people. Check out our new and improved website, www.cubaplusmagazine.com, and share your experiences with us!
- Cuba’s Beaches, Some of the World’s Best
- Península de Zapata, the Tranquility of Nature
- A New Adventure in the Caribbean
- Martí, the Poet
- The Clearwing Butterfly
- Expansion and Improvement of Marinas Open for Business
- Boaters Eagerly Anticipate US-Cuba Cruising
- Zucchero in Havana: Italian-style
- The Incomparable Hallmark of Moisés Finalé
- Fashion is Also an Art
- Jorge Gil: the Tenuous Line between Jewelry and Sculpture
- SERVIMED, the Gateway to Cuba's Health services
- Learning the Art of Cooking
- Conference & Incentive Travel, an Important Line for Cuban Tourism
- CUBADISCO, A Real Cuban Music Fiesta
- Melen Club, a Comfy, Friendly Bar and Restaurant
- International School Golf Tournament a Big Success
- Cuban's Beaches, Some of the World's Best
- Luis Mario Gell and the Art of Photography
- Michel Miglis, a Swede who Exults in Cuban Music
- The Tallest, Best-Preserved Dunes in the Caribbean
- Parroquial Mayor, Cuba's Oldest Church
- Cigar Factory Readers