CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.36
Global warming has become a worldwide issue and the topic is on the
agenda of many international conferences and congresses. This problem
also concerns the Cuban authorities and its people and, in fact, this
Caribbean island is one place where the change is being felt. As we are
about to end the year, when a cold front should have already hit the
Island, temperatures are still almost as high as they were in summer, in
the months of July and August. Hence, Cuban beaches are full of Cubans
and visitors enjoying the tropical heat in the sand and water.
In this last edition for 2015, Cubaplus brings you an article on Cuban
beaches, highlighting how tourists can not only take advantage of the
warm coastal waters, but can also enjoy many recreational activities such
as fishing, scuba diving, sailing on catamarans and many other water
Included is an article on the work of Alberto Korda, the internationally
renowned photographer who immortalized the snapshot of the heroic
guerrilla, Ernesto Che Guevara. Korda also captured the undersea world,
reflected in our report.
Yovani Caisés, prominent Cuban artist from the province of Holguin, is
present in this edition, along with photographer John Harden and Luciano
Mendez, one of the most important collectors of Cuban contemporary art.
This issue highlights the 60th anniversary of the popular Cuban band
Elito Revé y su Charangon and includes an article on the Drum Festival, to
be held from February 28 to March 6, 2016, as well as and a report on
the amazing jewelery made by five Cuban goldsmiths.
The Habanos Festival 2016 will take place from February 29 to March
4, 2016, and you can read the interview with Petra Yolanda, cigar roller
celebrating her milestone 50th anniversary in the profession along with
Cohiba cigars’ 50th birthday.
As always, Cubaplus includes other stories of interest about education,
sports and the customary article on Cuban cuisine.
I want to wish all of our readers all the best for the New Year ahead,
with lots of health and many successes both personally and professionally.
- Cuba’s Beaches
- Cuba, The Jewel in the Caribbean Crown?
- Guamá, The Precious Lagoon
- Havana’s Seventh Elite Horse Auction, a Jump Towards Excellence
- Luciano Méndez, the Art of Living with Art
- Yovani Caisés Almaguer’s Paths
- Korda, At last... the sea!
- 60 Anniversary of Elito Revé y du charangon. La aplanadora de Cuba
- Havana’s 15th Rhythm and Dance Festival ‘Fiesta del Tambor’
- Soy Luz, the Perfect Sensation of the Jewel that You Are
- BOGA, Prestige and Consolidation in Cuban Apparel
- Veraniegas Islazul Beach Houses
- FIHAV 2015 Confidence in Cuba’s Future
- John Harden, Cuba through an English lens
- Ciego de Ávila: Cuba’s Pineapple Province
- The Cuban Wushu School
- COHIBA Cigars and Milestone Anniversaries
- U.S. and Cuban Natural History Museums Form Closer Ties
- Cuba’s 25th International Book Fair A Major Event
- Cuba Establishes Presence in Software Industry
- Bayamesa Cuisine a Taste of History
- Doctors for the World