CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.38
At the close of this edition Havana prepared itself to officially receive the title of City of Wonders chosen by thousands of people in the third annual competition held by the Swiss New7Wonders Foundation. The Cuban capital got the award for its “mythical attraction, warm and welcoming atmosphere and the charisma and conviviality of its inhabitants.”
In addition to this great news our readers will also learn that CubaPlus and CubaPlusLatinos magazines are now also being distributed in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica, and that the staff of both publications is working hard to make it available all over the Caribbean.
There is nothing better than a refreshing dip in the ocean, especially Cuba’s crystal waters during the intense summer months. That is why we invite you to come to Varadero, one of the best beaches in the world. This edition dedicates an article to this resort, as well as nature tourism, one of Cuba’s most attractive tourism products.
Cienfuegos, the Pearl of the South, is also present in this volume and, of course, ample art coverage with a report on the work of painter Rafael Pérez Alonso. In addition, historical photography is included in the pages of the magazine with a series of works dedicated to the late artist Raúl Corrales.
Another report highlight is without a doubt that which addresses the history of the Ignacio Piñeiro Septet, a traditional and symbolic Cuban music group. The fashion section is dedicated to the renowned Chanel brand, which recently chose to present its Cruise 2016 collection in the Cuban capital.
Havana also hosted the International Ballroom Dancing Championship for the first time, which is expected to continue taking place here every year. Other topics of interest include the results of the Havana Club Grand Prix Contest, whose winner was a Cuban bartender, the recent Ernest Hemingway Billfishing Tournament awards and developments in the Cuban nickel industry.
Advances in Cuba’s medical sector also feature heavily in this issue. There is a piece on pre-med programs offered by the Preparatory Faculty at Havana University of Medical Sciences, and a look at neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation and other specialized services offered at an international health centre in Havana.
I invite all readers to enjoy the entire edition. It contains topics of great interest to those who wish to know more of the real Cuba.
- An Authentic Nature Destination
- Varadero, One of the World’s Best Beaches
- Cienfuegos the city I like the most
- FITCuba 2016 A Very Touristic Future for Cuba
- Jamaica’s Connection Corridor
- Havana’s Antiques on Wheels
- Cuba’s National Septet Celebrating 90 Years
- Raúl Corrales Thinking through one’s eyes...
- And as if that wasn’t enough...
- Havana A Bird’s Eye View
- A Glance at Cuba
- Ballroom Dancing comes to Havana
- Chanel Cuban Models
- Cuban Nickel Industry, Investment and Competitiveness
- The New King of Havana Club
- Billfishing Sixty-sixth International Ernest Hemingway Tournament
- Cabaret Café
- From My Kitchen
- El cañón de 41, Great Food, Great Restaurant
- Guanahacabibes, Inspiring Young People to Protect Biosphere
- University of Havana's Preparatory School for the Faculty of Medical Sciences, Self-financed medical studies in Cuba