CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.41
Cuba’s International Tourism Fair (FITCUBA) is the most momentous
event for this industry in the Greater Antilles and one of the most
important in Latin America and the Caribbean. Every year there is a
growing number of participating tour operators and travel agencies that
promote Cuba as a destination.
In fact, Cuba’s popularity as a touristic destination is confirmed by the
record number of visitors that come to the Island yearly.
In 2016, the country received four million tourists, 13% more than in
the previous year, according to official numbers.
At the upcoming 37th edition of the fair, CubaPlus’ 41st volume will be
circulating and will include an article dedicated to Holguín, host of the
meeting, as well as other circuits and options offered by Havanatur in
Eastern Cuba for those wishing to explore this region.
Pabexpo, a major Cuban fairground, which hosts more than one
dozen international exhibitions annually, will be celebrating its 30th
anniversary since its foundation.
There are great articles involving Cuban culture, with prominent artists
such as the renowned painter Flora Fong, talented actress Isabel Santos,
the well-known musician Polito Ibáñez, and two art galleries in Cuba
and Panama, among others.
In the area of fashion we bring you a great article on hand-made
jewellery while as regards health you can enjoy an interesting interview
with Dr. Luis Alberto Pichs García, Rector of the University of Havana’s
Other interesting topics you’ll find in this edition are sports, a delicious
Cuban recipe, and other places and topics of interest for those who wish
to deepen their knowledge of the Caribbean nation.
Indeed, you will find much more information on our
- Holguín, the most beautiful land
- Circuit touring in Cuba - A splendid adventure
- Havanatur Focuses on Eastern Cuba
- The Beautiful Isle of Paredón Grande
- A Passion for His Work
- Pabexpo, role in Cuba´s economic development
- Composing, Style Polito Ibáñez
- Isabel Santos: Wax made Poetic
- The Band With a New Rhythm
- The Guayza Project: The Art of Dressing Well
- Oliva Filigrees
- Clara Camalleri, perfumes for every taste
- GTG, Art that breaks the drum
- Astrid’s Casa A place of natural harmony
- On Cuban Art in Panama, as told by Nivaldo Carbonell
- Cuban Gymnasts Aspire to Greatness
- The Dolphin of Football
- 50 Years of Brilliant Camagüey Ballet
- Tales from Atarés Castle
- From My Kitchen, Chops for Dad