CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.42
Summer is a time of the year everyone looks forward to as both young and old usually take their vacation after a long year of work or study.
Although there is a slogan that reads “Cuba is an eternal summer”, July and August are the most cherished months for going to the beach, as the sweltering heat makes everyone want to spend their holidays by the water, enjoying the magnificent Cuban resorts.
It is for this reason that this issue features an in-depth report on Cuban beaches, considered among the best in the world, complemented by an article on Cruxer, a brand of clothing made in Cuba by the skilled hands of young Cuban designers.
Cuban nature is another subject covered in this edition, in fact TURNAT 2017, an event dedicated to promoting tourism focused on the natural wonders of the Island, will be held next September.
Culture is covered in various articles, such as that dedicated to the work of sculptor and goldsmith Roxana Vargas, painter Donys Dayan Llago, photographer Antonio Hernández and prominent musician Alain Pérez. We have also included a chronicle on the International Jazz Day celebration promoted by the United Nations Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the tribute to the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ Sgt Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band album performed by Cuban artists.
Something that will peak the interest of Cuban art lovers is that the 16th Iberoarte Craft Fair will be held from October 13 to 29 in Holguín during which crafts, paintings and artisan work will be exhibited and sold and during which business rounds, fashion shows and new product launches will take place.
You will also enjoy the section about the advances of Cuban medicine, interesting places you can visit if you decide to travel to the Island, Cuban cuisine, the latest on the national sport and other items of interest.
In conclusion, I recommend that if you want to know more about the Cuban reality, feel free to access our website: www.cubaplusmagazine.com.
I am sure you will find it very informative.
- Cuba, the music that lives in Alain Pérez
- Choosing Cuba
- Eastern Cuba, TURNAT 2017
- Cuban Beaches, a Divine Treasure
- Hemingway Club’s 25th Anniversary
- 67th Ernest Hemingway International Billfishing Tournament, Smooth Sailing for Fishing in Cuba
- President Allende Student Residence
- An Artist’s Transparent Secret
- ROX950 a universe in expansion
- Antonio Hernández: Art Saved Me
- Holy Gibara! The International Film Festival that Dreams are Made Of
- Maisí Draws Tourists to Cuba’s Far East
- Havana’s José Martí Museum
- Clean Energy Open to Foreign Investment
- Sport and Science Team Up
- Omara Durand: focused on another golden season
- “Cuba’s great percussionists play host to The International Jazz Day Concert”
- Remembering is Reliving
- WFP praise for Cuba
- From My Kitchen: Stuffed Pineapple Salad