CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.45
As this edition of CubaPlus hits the shelves, the Cuban tourist sector will be celebrating at the 2018 International Tourism Fair (FITCuba). Now on its thirty-eighth edition the fair will open its doors from May 2nd to 6th in Cayo Santa María off the northern coast of the central Cuban province of Villa Clara.
Tour operators, travel agency representatives, other specialists and press will be there enjoying this unique setting, known for the extraordinary beauty of its beaches. The serene, crystalline waters are considered by those in the know as the antechamber to an underwater world that makes this one of the top scuba diving destinations in the Caribbean.
Over the next five years, Cayo Santa María is set to become a focal point for holidaymakers who choose Cuba as their destination, with a relaunch of the region aimed at boosting its place in the market.
Seven new hotels are planned for the zone, in the provincial capital Santa Clara and other parts of the province including Sagua la Grande, known for its natural beauty as well as its rich cultural history, and the towns of Camajuaní, Remedios and Caibarién - all gateways to the northern cayos.
Other major investments underway include the expansion of two emblematic hotels in Santa Clara - Los Caneyes and La Granjita, plus the restoration of heritage buildings in the city that are ideal for converting into accommodation.
This year’s FITCuba will be focusing on promoting the Sol y Playa (Sun and Beach) product range, one of the most in demand among customers. This year’s guest nation is the UK.
Coinciding with FITCuba, Havantur celebrates its fortieth anniversary as the leader in Cuban tourism, an accolade that it has earned through its committed and specialized work in the field over the past four decades. The evidence is in the numbers: twenty percent of all visitors to the island choose Cubatur as their operator.
- Keys & islets: Cuba’s hidden treasures
- Havanatur 40 Years The Cuba Specialist
- Cuba´s Eternal Summer
- Soroa Botanic and Orchid Garden
- Taco Bay: Sailing and More
- New Technology Minimal Access Surgery
- Canadian Lung Cancer Patient Survives Thanks to Cuban Vaccine
- A ode for Osvaldo
- May Reguera, Beyond the Curtain
- Revisiting Hersey
- Fiesta del Tambor: a Celebration of Cuban soul
- Bárbara Llanes: Singing is life itself
- Mayelin Guevara: Rising up shining
- Flying on Decks
- Boga: King of Tailoring
- Triada, A fashion project from the Cuban Cultural Assets Fund Ciego de Ávila
- Last Stage of Elections in Cuba
- Volleyball: Cuban Women’s Team Aims to Rise Again
- Work Experience at CubaPlus
- Canada Cuba Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Arroz con pollo, a traditional Cuban rice dish with chicken
- Servisa, Guaranteeing the Cuban Tourist Sector
- Caracol, Refine customer services