CubaPLUS Magazine Vol.50
Summer is a long-awaited time in the whole world, as children and adults alike take their well-deserved vacations after many months of study and work.
The tropics is a region that is best at rest between July and August and nothing better than the sun and the beach to enjoy the hot summer. This is the precisely the theme to which the next FITCuba International Tourism Fair will be dedicated in 2020, hosted by the main Cuban destination of this type: the Varadero beach resort which, according to the TripAdvisor website, is the second best beach of the world and aspires to be the first on the planet for next year, with an improvement program. Important as it may be to talk about the tropical summer, more important still to mention the Cuban capital, engaged in an arduous and tenacious work of renovation practically all over the city to celebrate the 500th anniversary of its foundation this 16 November.
The Capitol is a display of that, as the subject of large restoration works, and whose image will be like the original when it was inaugurated in 1929. In this edition of CubaPlus there is an extensive report on this emblematic building and how it has been recovered. Also in this issue for circulation during this summer are two interviews, with the outstanding painter and National Prize of Visual Arts winner Eduardo Roca (Choco), as well as with the talented musician Yasek Manzano.
Other interesting pieces are, undoubtedly, those related to the development of Cuban industry, in clear recovery, the importance of the health sector, this time with the theme of fertility, and cooking, whose recipes are always highly anticipated by our readers. We wish all our readers and those who are not yet happy holidays.
Cordially, the editor
- Varadero, attractive Cuban beach resort
- Capitol of Havana, undisputed tourist attraction
- Visitors and Havana’s Rum Museum
- Recreational Boats in Cuba
- EDUARDO ROCA Choco ”…painter….poet and crazy
- Yasek Manzano: MUSIC IN TRANSIT, CONTINUAL IMPROVISATION
- THE GALLERY WORKSHOP of Osmany Betancourt in Matanzas
- CubaPlus at San Alejandro
- Karen Santin: red, blue and white
- Infertility and Reproduction Assistance Programs in Cuba
- Minerva, in favor of development
- “HIGH QUALITY PRODUCTIONS AND COMPETITIVE LEVEL”
- Envametal, envases y recipientes metalicos
- Artemisa University, internationalization and collaboration
- The secrets of okra