To think, to create, to save
The Center for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (CIDEM, in Spanish) is a closed-cycle company of the Group of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries of Cuba (BioCubaFarma). It has more than 25 years of experience in the Cuban biopharmaceutical sector, focused on research and development activity for the subsequent transference of technologies to the industry and the marketing of innovative, generic and naturally-derived pharmaceutical products.
CIDEM has developed more than 450
generic products which are included in the Cuban Basic List of Drugs. These products have been introduced to the Cuban pharmaceutical industry to satisfy the population's demand. as part of the import substitution program, and to expand the therapeutic arsenal of the National Health System.
EXPERIMENTAL NEUROPHARMACOLOGY LABORATORY
-Design of new neuroactive molecular entities and provide preclinical pharmacological evidence for promising neuroprotective drugs for the treatment of neurological diseases.
EXPERIMENTAL ONCOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY LABORATORY
- Eva luation of molecules of natural and synthetic origin with potential anticancer activity.
- Study of the molecular mechanisms involved in the response to different agents and the signaling pathways in cell proliferation and DNA repair.
- Development of toxicological studies of biological, natural and synthetic products, by means of standardized protocols.
BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY LABORATORY
- Identification and structure-based design of new peptide molecular entities with potential antiinfective activity.
-Search for evidence of efficacy in preclinical stages of development.
- Development and implementation of alternatives forthe detection of pyrogens in parenteral products.
-Novel peptide formulation systems.
-Specialized moleculardiagnostic services.
LABORATORY OF SYNTHETIC AND BIOMOLECULAR CHEMISTRY (SYNTLAB) SYNTLAB is a research and innovation facility dedicated to developing synthetic and conjugation methods for the preparation of bioactive principles, small-molecule drugs and modified biomolecules. The focus is on developing neuroprotective, anticancer and antiinfective agents. It is jointly directed by CIDEM and the University of Havana.
1605 Ave 26 bl Boyeros and Puentes Grandes, Plaza de Ia Revoluci6n. Havana. Cuba
General Management phones:
Phone: +53 7881-0830 / +53 7881-0818