Develops new programs in the time of COVID-19
Comprehensive rehabilitation after COVID-19
La Pradera International Health Center (CIS) provides highly professional specialized medical care with humanistic ethics in an attractive and revitalizing environment.
COVID-19, a multi systemic disease, also has a convalescence stage that becomes prolonged, complex and very complicated, with psychological alterations, chronic fatigue syndrome, respiratory, renal and cardiovascular ailments that afflict both children and adults.
For their recovery a comprehensive and intensive rehabilitation must be done, with the aim of achieving a prompt respiratory, physical and mental recovery, as well as a rapid return to the activities of daily life.
In La Pradera International Health Center we have a group of specialists in:
- Internal Medicine.
With a comprehensive work methodology, we achieve the perfect synergy between the new and the traditional, with vast experience in multiple rehabilitation programs to improve the quality of life of these patients.
The medical program of stimulation with medical specialty consultations includes:
- Initial Pediatrics consultation with history taking. Neuropediatrics, Speech Therapy, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Psychology consultation.
- Neuropediatrics reconsultation.
- Neurodevelopmental evaluation.
- Inpatient care (alternate days).
- Laboratory studies: Complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation, glycemia, creatinine.
- Lipidogram (for obese patients).
- Multisensory stimulation (10 sessions).
- Play therapy (20 sessions).
- Ergotherapy (20 sessions).
- Individual therapies: Sessions in an environment of acceptance and confidentiality, where the patient can express his/her emotions.
- Group activities supported by music and other recreational activities.
- By car in/out airport.
- In Cuba door to door service.
- Lodging in single room in AP Plan.
- Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Stimulating child development, for children and adolescents with consequences from social isolation due to the COVID-19 pandemic
Social isolation due to COVID-19 has impacted the lives of families and particularly children and early adolescents. Children may also have psychological and mental health problems due to the confinement caused by isolation, which may inhibit mental and physical abilities and skills important for their development.