An encounter with the essential
The National Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology (INOR), with over 60 years of experience, has a high scientific standard and state-of-the-art technology for cancer care.
Cuban institutions, currently leaders in the discovery of new drugs and unique vaccines worldwide, are interlinked with this center, where highly complex and minimally accessible surgical treatments are performed for different pathologies. Its scientists are world advisors in the use of nuclear energy and radiotherapy for treatments; in addition, there are screening programs with tumor markers and a highly trained professional team.
Minimally invasive surgery in:
Endosurgery of adenohypophysis.
Endoscopic surgery of urological tumors.
Highly complex surgery:
Specialized assistance programs:
Pediatric oncology care program.
Breast treatment program.
Quality of life program for oncology patients (children and adults).
Programs involving new technologies introduced at INOR.
Oncology teaching programs are offered:
The Institute of Oncology and Radiobiology offers comprehensive care of patients with complex tumors. The neurosurgery specialty provides treatment through minimally invasive procedures to patients with brain, skull base and spinal tumors, whether benign or malignant.
Minimally invasive surgery in neurosurgery humanizes patient care, reduces hospital stay, with fast recovery and minimal cosmetic, functional and psychological problems, and allows access to highly complex lesions. Radiosurgery is also performed in this center, which is a treatment to treat a brain tumor without the need for surgery.
The procedures offered are:
- 360 degree endoscopic surgery for intraconal orbital tumors.
- Endoscopic endonasal approach to tumors of the selar region, anterior cranial base, clivus and craniospinal junction.
- Endoscopic orbital decompression in thyroid orbitopathy.
- Endoscopic surgery of hydrocephalus.
- Endoscopic surgery of intraventricular tumors.
- Endoscopic brain tumor brainport surgery.
- Endoscopic keyhole surgery to tumors of the posterior fossa, pontocerebelous angle, medial cranial base, cavernous sinus and anterior cranial base.
- Minimally invasive endoscopic surgery of spinal tumors.
- Endoscopic treatment of trigeminal neuralgia and other facial pain.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for brain tumors and cavernous angiomas.
At present, we have all the conditions to receive patients from anywhere in the world who require the most complex medical and professional care, with the following process:
Request → Study → Answers → Appointment → Diagnosis → Treatment → Surgery → Recovery → Follow-up.