Science, innovation and business opportunities
The Center for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (CIDEM, in Spanish) is a closed-cycle company of the Group of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries of Cuba (BioCubaFarma).
It has more than 25 years of experience in the Cuban biopharmaceutical sector, focused on research and development activity for the subsequent transference of technologies to the industry and the marketing of innovative, generic and naturally-derived pharmaceutical products.
CIDEM has developed more than 450 generic products which are included in the Cuban Basic List of Drugs. These products have been introduced to the Cuban pharmaceutical industry to satisfy the population's demand as part of the import substitution program and to expand the therapeutic arsenal of the National Health System.
- Innovative Products and Projects Aimed at the treatment of neurodegenerative, infectious, cancer illnesses and pain.
- Conventional Generic Products Development of drugs in all pharmaceutical forms.
- Natural Products Medicines, nutritional supplements, cosmetics and active pharmaceutical ingredients.
- Diagnostics Determination and control of pyrogens.
- Health-related Products Hygiene care and prevention of diseases caused by water contamination.
Research, development and quality.
The company is open to different styles of collaboration and business, such as: National and international collaboration
- Scientific and technical Technology transfers to the pharmaceutical sector
- National and international sector Marketing
- Products and services License and/or co-development agreements
- With national and foreign companies International Economic Association
- Joint Ventures in Cuba and abroad
1605 Ave 26 b/ Boyeros and Puentes
Grandes, Plaza de Ia Revolución.
General Direction phones: (+53) 7881-0830 / 7881-818 / Mobile: 52 79419 3